Level 5 finishing is the highest possible level of drywall finishing. It is applied to walls for a couple of reasons, such as
- Wallcovering manufacturers require it under their most delicate or thin wallcovering
- For walls that will have a high gloss finish
Steps for applying level 5 drywall finish:
- Apply taping compound and pull smooth
- Scrape taping compound with a scraping knife
- Apply 2nd coat of taping compound
- Sand the compound with sandpaper
- Apply primer, sand once dry
- Check for imperfections, repatch, reprime
- Apply finish coat/wallcovering
Level 5 finish makes a significant difference in the visual and quality of topcoats and wallcovering.
When you want a headache-free experience for your painting or wallcovering needs, always contact Hester!