It’s that most wonderful time of the year when guests are plentiful! Whether it is family for Thanksgiving, elegant dinner parties, overnight guests, or afternoon visitors for tea and hot cocoa, now is the time to make sure your home is prepared.
Sometimes even the smallest enhancement can make a noticeable difference. Here are five easy tips for creating a warm and welcoming home this holiday season.
1. Touch-up the doors and woodwork – This small improvement will make a huge difference in how you (and your guests!) view your home.
2. Winterize your house – With snow on Halloween, we have no idea what actual winter has in store for us this year! Make sure there are no cracks in the weather stripping around all of your doors and windows; cover all exterior spigots to prevent frozen pipes; service your HVAC system now; and clean out your fireplace and flue, so it is ready to provide cozy fires for you and your loved ones.
3. Paint the Dining Room – Adding a fresh coat of paint to any room in your home will brighten its look – and your spirits! Painting is second only to decluttering when it comes to simple ways to spruce up a room!
4. Seasonal Scents – Adding seasonal scents throughout your home is a lovely way to create a welcoming environment. Bubbling mulled cider on the stove, strategically placed fresh pine boughs, and cinnamon pinecones can all add natural ambiance – without the headache!
5. Prepare High Traffic Areas – Turn your entryway, powder rooms and bathrooms, kitchen, and main sitting rooms into beautiful spaces that will welcome and pamper your guests. Splurge a little on flower arrangements, soaps and lotions for the bathrooms, luxurious hand towels, and holiday glassware. These little extras will go a long way!
Let Hester Painting & Decorating help you with your to-do list this year. Call us now to schedule and you will receive a $100 gift certificate (for future work) for every 8 hours of work we do. Just a little reward for checking off one more item on your list!